Stretching can help lengthen and prepare the muscles for exercise or sports. They are the critical part of any exercise routine. Total body stretch workout offers basic exercises to build flexibility in the chest, shoulders, back, arms and legs. Stretching exercises alone will not help you lose weight, but are important to an overall fitness plan.
Before start any hard exercise you must do some stretching exercise to make your body perfect for take exercise and away from injuries or accidents. There are lots of stretching exercise that will help to improve muscles and body stress.
Benefits of Stretching Exercises:
- Stretching helps to keep your muscles loose and prevents tightening of the muscles. This in turn helps to maintain a proper posture and reduces aches and pains.
- Stretching increases your flexibility and helps improve daily activities and tasks.
- Stretching is a great way to help relieve stress and helps to relax tense muscles that are usually accompanied with stress.
- Begin with a 5-10 minute warm up of light cardio (walking in place, etc.)
- Avoid any exercises that cause pain or discomfort
- Simple things like tying your shoes, bending down to pick up your child or running to catch a bus are easier with better flexibility.
- Lift your arms up to your shoulders and drop it down. Repeat this for 10 times.
- Lift your arms parallel to your ears, in a straight line. Rotate the arm in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction. Do this for 10 times each.
- Bend your hands down and go all the way up from touching your toes to a bit behind you head. If you can’t touch the toes yet, you will get there in 1-2 weeks. Do this 5 times.